Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 14

My kids' school participates in this program called Art to Remember. Each year, the kids make a project (2D) in art class, and the projects are sent off to this company and they make products featuring the art work. They always send a magnet back, with their ordering information, for you to keep if you want. I've always kept the magnets so I have a nice sized collection of them on my fridge. Most of them are dated so I can see when they are from. They start when Alex and Billy were in Early Childhood - 2002 - and go through until today. As Billy transferred to a different school from Alex and Caty in first grade, he only has three magnets. This is only Caty's 2nd year of school, so she only has two, too. The rest are Alex's. We've had mousepads made of some of them, too. I just like seeing them - I think it is a great idea.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Those are cool! I wish I had something like that, a way to keep artwork from over the years...

Susan's 365 said...

That is cool. Our school does something similar. Last year we got coasters with the boys' artwork.

LotoFoto said...

I love that. So cool! What a great way to keep their artwork around.

Unknown said...

How cool is THAT!? Great work too!

Tiffany said...

What a coll idea!

Jenn said...

Awww. That is a really cool project. I would love to have some made from the kids' drawings.