Monday, January 14, 2008

January 13


Another Sunday, another football day. Today we had a "football dinner" - chili! This isn't typical meat and bean chili, either. It's a recipe that Bill got from his dad. It is all meat and has unearthly amounts of chili powder, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper to give it a helluva kick. At our house, we serve it over macaroni and top with cheese and crackers. We only make it once or twice a year so it is a special treat. The kids won't eat it, of course, but on Texas Red day, I don't mind cooking two dinners.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds yummy!

I love chili when it bites back! LOL

Tiffany said...

Wow, I think I would have heart burn for a week! Sounds good though!

Susan's 365 said...

Mmmmm chili!

Unknown said...

YUM! I like mine over fritos with cheese, sour cream and onions. Yeah - big surprise I can't lose weight. LOL

LotoFoto said...

Goof grief I'm STARVING! (& Emma's comment didn't help either).