Saturday, August 2, 2008

August 2

A variety of pictures today. First off, we have Caty with a baby toad. It was trapped in one of the window wells by our house. My girly girl isn't ALL sugar and spice - I can't even imagine picking up a toad myself - blech!!

Next, when we were walking back from the pond - where we deposited the baby toad - I noticed some leaves on our lawn that I thought looked really cool. The leaf was dead, but you could see all the veining in it still.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that our tree was full of leaves that looked like this. Then, upon even further insepction, I noticed that our tree was infested with beetles!! YUCK!! The other night I was hanging out with some friends of mine from my block and they were talking about some sort of beetle infestation in the trees on the parkway. Guess our tree got hit. I get the heebie jeebies just looking at this picture and knowing that these things are ALL OVER the tree out there. ((TREE))

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That last shot is so cool! It's sharp and I love the DOF. Tracey you're doing really good with the camera and CS3.

Unknown said...

ACK! Creepy!!! The bugs...not Caty...Caty is adorable!