Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 26 and July 27

I didn't take any pictures on these two days. On Saturday we took Allison's girls with us while we went to some flea market/antique stores. We also hit "The World's Largest General Store" - a favorite place of mine to go to when I am out there. Unfortunately, that store burned to the ground a year or two ago. They had some of it set up in tents but, sadly, it wasn't anything like what it had been.

Saturday night, Allison's mom watched her girls and we all hit a local bar that Allison and Steve like to hang out at. We had a great time - stayed out way too late and laughed our heads off.

On Sunday, Emily and I had to leave to go back home. It ended up being a complete nightmare. Emily's flight got delayed, causing her to miss her connection in Atlanta. She BEGGED them in Philadelphia to put her on a flight the next morning so that wouldn't happen, but they refused. She ended up having to sleep at the Atlanta airport before flying out the next morning. The assholes lost her luggage, too.

My flight was cancelled altogether because of a mechanical problem on the plane. I was one of the lucky ones. There were several flights cancelled because a big storm blew threw Philadelphia while we were driving to the airport. I say I was lucky because I got a comp'd hotel room and meal because the flight was cancelled for mechanical reasons. I guess if your flight is cancelled for weather related reasons you're on your own as far as where to sleep and eat that night.

Anyway, they booked me on a flight for the next morning. My first flight was to DALLAS - because, you know, you should always fly farther away from home than you already are - and then my connection through there brought me home. My connection flight was delayed. I didn't think I would ever get home. I left Philadelphia at around 9:00 in the morning and didn't get home until 5:30 pm. It was brutal. OH!! And on my flight home, they assigned me a middle seat. As if that weren't bad enough, person to my right had no business buying a single seat. They had the armrest up because they couldn't fit in their own seat (and thus spooged over onto mine) and a seatbelt extender. I had to sit ass to ass with this person the entire way home - two hours!!

No comments: