Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 6

HOLY SNOWSTORM, BATMAN!! Today we were rocked with a huge winter storm. It was supposed to start early in the morning, but was slower moving through. As a result, Alex and Caty's school district cancelled classes in anticipation of the storm. Mine and Billy's district, however, did not. I kept Billy at home, though. Before the snow we had a few hours of freezing rain and the street were a slippery mess. There was no way I was trusting a bus with his safety. Turns out our district ended up cancelling PM Early Childhood, Pre-K, and Kindergarten (but the staff had to stay so I couldn't leave!) and allowing parents to come and get their kids after 1:00 if they desired.

I posted two videos of the snow. The first one I took at school from my classroom door. The second one I took from my backdoor. I was trying to capture the swirling snow in the backyard. This was when the winds kicked in and started blowing the snow around, limiting visibility and making the night time commute hellish (it took Bill and hour and 10 minutes to drive the 12 miles between his work and our house).

This picture is of the guy across the street plowing out his neighbor's driveway. He must have seen me taking his picture because about an hour later I looked outside and MY driveway was plowed out, too. THANKS, BOB!!! The stupid snowplow had left about 18" of heavy snow and slush parked at the end of the driveway. I tried to shovel it out when I got home but I couldn't lift it.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I am blown away at the idea of that much now. LOL

I wore a coat today and it was SIXTY FIVE. LOL

Renfield said...

OMG - at 65* we are pulling out the shorts and sandals!

Renfield said...

OMG - at 65* we are pulling out the shorts and sandals!

LotoFoto said...

Wow! Did you guys get hit!