Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 9, 2009


Bye-bye eczema! At least I hope so. I've been trying to find a way to get rid of Billy's eczema. It gets SO bad in the wintertime - worse than normal. The dermatologist just prescribes steroid creams for him, but that only gets rid of it temporarily and he has so much of it that he gets a good dose of steroid everytime we have to use the cream. This is not good. The steroids really mess with his autism. So I read that fish oil is supposed to help. I remember when we took Billy to an alternative-type doctor when he was 4 that he put him on fish oil, but he could taste it in everything we tried to put it in and wouldn't take it. Now that he can swallow a pill I thought we'd try it again.

Anyway, that's what's in the bowl. I had a lot of fun playing with this picture - trying to get the right angle for the shot, realizing after a few that the reflection on the glass would make a cool picture, and then all the Photoshop fun with cropping, sharpening, etc. I think I saved 5 different versions of this one. *blush*

2 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

That is a very cool photo. I hope it works for him. Not sure if this would help, but I have been using the new Vaseline Clinical Therpay lotion...I'm never switching to another lotion ever again. Good luck!

Kelly said...

this is a very cool shot Tracey. I love the reflection and the colors. Very nice.