Saturday, September 20, 2008

September 13


UGH!!! We've had a moderate, steady falling rain since yesterday afternoon. When I went to bed last night we'd gotten an inch of rain. By nine o'clock this morning we were up to 4.5 inches and it is still coming down now. The weather tonight says we've gotten nearly 7" of rain - just today! It is coming down in buckets and we haven't even gotten to the rain we are supposed to get from Ike today. Holy cow! I had to run errands this afternoon and there are cropfields with small lakes on them, roads under water, and just about every retention pond I've seen is spilling over its banks. Thank goodness the one across from me is really deep. Caty and I walked over there to see how deep it was and it was maybe a foot from coming over the top into the grass.

The creepy crawlies that live out here love this. I'm having friends over in a little bit so I put my porch light on and there are three frogs/toads on my porch and sidewalk. *shudder* This picture is of my driveway. I brightened it WAY up so you can see all the nightcrawlers on it. All those little lines on my driveway are WORMS!! (some are dark and some are light - click on the image) It's like the freaking plague is coming outside!

No comments: