Friday, August 1, 2008

July 30

Today was an exciting day. On Wednesday nights Billy has karate. Last week, his sensei told his class that they had to have the first 9 moves of the kata (routine) they are learning set to memory. Getting Billy to practice is difficult - you do karate at class and not at home in his mind. So, I told him if he could do those 9 moves for his teacher the right way I would take him out for ice cream. Guess what? HE DID IT! The sensei came over to me after class and told me he could tell Billy had practiced - that he seemed more focused this week and was much more able to follow along. So, out for ice cream we went.

This is Billy giving me a thumbs up as we drove to class. He knew he was ready =)

Alex at the ice cream place. Nice smile....oy. I swear it is either Goofytown or Seriousville with this boy.


At least I can always count on Caty to pose - LOL!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You got some really good shots Tracey. Alex and Caty both have some really nice catch lights! Caty has some pretty cool catch lights going on and I think I can even see you in Billy's eye.