Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 4

We had some "red" storms move through our area last night. You know - storms that look red on the radar, indicating the torrential rains and winds that are coming? Anyway, we could see them coming long before they got here and were prepared. The power faded on and off a couple of times, but otherwise it was just a nasty thunderstorm. I will say, I have NEVER seen a storm blow in as fast as this one did. One second it was dead calm and the next - literally - the rain was coming down in buckets....SIDEWAYS!

After the rain cleared there was still lightning and thunder for some time. Perfect for trying out the Manual mode on my camera. I managed to get a couple of streaks and a ton of "flashes". Here are my favorites:

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Great shots! We had a storm like that hit us a couple of weeks ago. Caught us all off guard because we were outside. All the neighborhood kids took off running when the rain dumped down. Weird weather.