Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 15


This weekend is our town's annual festival. There is a parade down Main Street (yes, it's really called Main Street) and then a big carnival at the park. Alex's football team marched in the parade and afterward we went to the carnival. The carnival isn't my kind of thing - way too crowded and noisy for my nerves to handle - but Bill and the kids enjoyed it. I had my camera so I had something to keep my mind off the overload.

Twice last night the parade had to stop because a train came through town - LOL! Half of the football teams were on the other side of the tracks.

The Fest is a HUGE event every year. I swear, every single resident of our town was at the carnival last night. All of our friends from our neighborhood were there. This is Alex and some boys from our block on The Tornado.

Caty was dying to go on the Ferris Wheel. Im- afraid of them - hate it when they stop at the top - so Bill took her and Alex for a ride. She white knuckled the bar the entire time - LOL!


Lastly, we hit the bumper cars. Caty was big enough to drive her own car - not that she or Billy had an idea how to steer them! LOL! After the bumper cars we played a couple of games and then called it a night.

No comments: