Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 8

Okay, I think I've figured out some basic things in Photoshop so here are my first attempts at editing raw images with this software. I probably have the most pictures from our trip from this day. It was a beautiful, sunny day. The temperature was cool - only 67 degrees - but we went to the beach anyway. We had a BLAST that day. There was nothing but sunshine in the sky and it warmed the sun and the shallow water of the river just right. We were swimming where the AuTrain River feeds into Lake Superior. It was a perfect day.


When I took this one, the colors were amazing. I later realized, later, that it was because I had my sunglasses on. Where the water is different depths in the lake, the colors would range from aqua blue to dark blue.


This one, above, is way more washed out than it looked in the editor. Hmmmmmm


Bill and Alex made some kickass sandcastles.


The dog had a great time swimming and playing frisbee.


One of the funniest things that day - Bill would bury Samson's frisbee and then laugh as the dog sniffed around and dug it up.



One of the few pictures I got of Alex alone. He had been rolling in the sand, as you can see.

Another one of Caty, laying in the sand.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like you're doing pretty good with the PS! I've never seen such a sandy beach at a lake before. Great pics.