Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 21

Now I know how people get sucked into their computers all day. I can sit and edit photos for hours - it's a lot of fun.

Last night I wanted to practice taking portrait pictures. Billy was my subject. He's not an easy subject as he doesn't look at the camera long enough to really focus on his eyes. He tries, though. This was my favorite one. Silly boy!



I also wanted to practice taking super close ups (macros). I was thrilled to find out my camera has an f29 - perfect for taking close up shots. I found out, though, that you really need a tripod when doing this (after the first three shots were totally blurry). Luckily, Billy (the tripod mount thief) knew exactly where the missing mount for my tripod was and I was able to play for a bit. Check out this wicked cool picture of a daisy in the flowerbed in front of my house. I love this picture!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the silly shot of Billy. Get used to it. Boys don't sit well for portrait pictures.
LOVE the daisy shot. Great clarity and color.
I too can sit at my computer for hours playing in photoshop!

LotoFoto said...

You've definitely caught the bug.
Dh went to bed hours ago and it's almost 1 a.m. here now.
Your shots have gone up exponentially!!! I know you see it too!
Great shots. The flower is so clear!