Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 19


Monkey hunting. I was on the phone when I heard Billy go outside. A few minutes later, he came bursting through the door, soaking wet and splattered with mud.

Me: Billy, what happened to you??

Billy: I was just searching for a monkey.

Me: What?

Billy: I WAS JUST SEARCHING FOR A MONKEY! (apparently he thinks I couldn't hear him the first time)

Me: Where?

Billy: Right there (pointing) across the street.

Me: In the cornfield?

Billy: Yes. I was just searching for a monkey.

Me: (trying not to laugh) Did you find one?

Billy: No.

Me: Do monkeys live in cornfields?

Billy: No, they live in the jungle.

So, apparently the cornfields across the street look like a jungle, teaming with monkeys just waiting for Billy to find one and bring home for a pet. And, apparently, searching for monkeys is very, very dirty work. Maybe we should call Mike Rowe....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LMAO. That is too funny. Kids give us endless entertainment.
Oh, and I couldn't live across the street from a cornfield because of that movie "Children of the corn". That movie scared the bejesus out of me.

LotoFoto said...

These are cool shots Trace!!