Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 25


I was playing with my camera tonight. Across the street from my house is a pond and beyond the pond is a cornfield. This time of year, the thousands of fireflies that live at the pond and field put on a spectacular light show after the sun has finally sunk below the horizon for the day. It looks like Christmastime with all the blinking lights. I put my camera on the tripod, flipped it to manual mode, opened up the aperture, and starting playing with shutter speeds greater than 1 second. This picture had almost a 10 second exposure - a little too much, as you can see by the clarity of the landscape. Still, if you click on the picture, you will see a bunch of yellow dots - those are the fireflies =)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Cool! I've never seen a firefly, we don't have them around here.

LotoFoto said...

What a COOL shot Tracey!!