Saturday, May 31, 2008

May 29



Today was the last day of school for my students. I can't believe the school year is over - it really seemed to fly this year. I have 7 kids moving on to Kindergarten next year. Four of those kids I've had for two years. It was so hard to say good-bye, particularly to one little girl that just touched my heart. I got a good picture of her and I to keep. Her mom and I have a good relationship - professional and friendly at the same time. I used to tease her because she is a Chicago Cubs fan. I taught her daughter to say "Goooooooooo WHITE SOX!!!". She paid me back by getting me a Cubs t-shirt and having her daughter write her name on it. *sigh* I'm going to miss my little friends next year. I also have three kids in my morning class going to different buildings next year for Early Childhood.

Anyway - I got three bunches of flowers from students and liked the way I arranged them. Here they are, brightening up my kitchen table.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you taught at my kids school. ((hugs)) We need more teachers like you.