Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 17

Okay, Mother Nature, take a seat and listen up! This past fall and winter, we have graciously tolerated everything you have thrown our way. We appreciated the snow days back in December and February and were truly grateful for a white Christmas. You made our winter one to remember with the amount of beautiful snow you befell on us. My kids definitely got good use of their boots and snowpants and I am eternally grateful for the opporunity to have gotten my money's worth.

That said, IT IS MID-MARCH!! Last week you teased us with a taste of Spring. You brought temperatures up into the mid and high 50s. You melted 90% of our snow, made the birds and the geese come out to play, and gave the children an opportunity to play outside without looking like Randy from A Christmas Story. So WHY, dear Mother, would you give us SNOW today??? WHY?? We are a mere 4 days away from "Spring Break". Please take note of that first word - "spring". My kids are sick of wearing layers and hats and mittens. If I can't take my students out to the playground soon for some fresh air and exercise, we are all going to lose our minds. Please, give us a break. Throw us a bone. Be kind, rewind - ANYTHING but more snow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I froze yesterday because I could NOT bring myself to put on a winter coat and then it snowed?!?! Unreal.

LotoFoto said...

Oh.Maw.Gawd.
I didn't know it had happened again.
Move west ;)

Susie said...

I can't believe the amount of snow you have gotten. Here is hoping that is the last of it for you!!