Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 14

I've been sick for the last month or so. Head congestion, loose cough, sinus headaches. On Thursday I finally broke down and went to the walk-in clinic at Walgreen's (who knew they had walk in clinics? I didn't, but I was sure happy to find out! It spared me a 35 mile drive to my doctor's office). Anyway, I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, given a prescription for Augmentin and a perscription for Flonase nasal spray. The NP warned me that the Augmentin might be hard on my stomach, but said nothing about the potential HELL the Flonase would cause. About 30 minutes after my first spray Thursday night, I developed a nice headache behind my right eye. I had two IEP reports to write for school the next day and I couldn't finish them. By the time I went to bed, two hours later, my head was just pounding. I woke up with the right side of my face feeling like it was in a vice. I had no choice, I HAD to go to work. Not sure if it was the Flonase or not, I took another dose of it Friday morning. BAD MOVE. OH.MY.GOD. It developed into a full blown migraine by the time I got to work. I had so much to do - had to write an entire IEP which usually takes about 2-1/2 hours, and then have two meetings that afternoon. On top of the headache, my teeth hurt from my sinuses being so congested, my ear was plugged, and I was nauseous. By the time I left work I was on the verge of puking. The motion of the truck topped that off - I had to pull over about a mile from the parking lot. UGH! It was a bad, ugly day. The Flonase finally wore off and the headache subsided about 9:00 that night. I'll never use it again. It's the devil!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SCARY!! Hope you are all better soon. Whatever is going around nowadays is horrid!

Susan's 365 said...

Yikes, sorry it gave you a migraine. The sinus infection alone would have been bad enough...those things hurt like
h$*l!

Mary said...

Oh sweetie. I hope you are feeling better now, damn flonase.

LotoFoto said...

omg you poor thing!
I HATE days like that.
You're a freakin' trooper!