Tuesday, February 26, 2008

February 25


Way back in November or December, I heard on the radio that the Foo Fighters were coming to town. I got up on a Saturday morning, made myself a TicketMaster account, and at exactly 10:00 a.m. the day the tickets went on sale, I hit "search" and landed 2 General Admission tickets for the show. Bill and I were SO EXCITED. The Foo Fighters is one of our very most favorite bands and we'd never seen them in concert before. Today was the concert. We had to trade our ticket stubs in for a floor-access wristband at the arena. Before I knew what was happening, we were on the main floor, vying for space as close to the main stage as possible. There were two opening bands - Against Me (they rocked) and Serj Tankian (he sucked!). The Foos came on and there was a huge surge toward the stage. We finally ended up, packed like lemmings, about 10 people back from the stage. This is the best picture I have of Dave Grohl from the crappy camera in my phone. *sigh*. It was so much fun! I love Dave Grohl and he didn't disappoint. He's got a great stage presence. They played a nice mix of new stuff, old stuff, and stuff I wasn't familiar with at all (only 2 of those). They played my three favorites, Everlong, Times Like These, and One By One. It was a great show.

The only bummer? ANOTHER STINKIN' STORMSTORM was raging while we were inside. We came out to about 4" of heavy, wet snow with it still coming down. UGH! The tollway was a breeze but the 2 lane highways we had to take once we were off the tollway were unplowed and a mess.

3 comments:

LotoFoto said...

Omg is that awesome!
But not about the snow :(

Kellie said...

Cool! Looks like you had a great spot!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like it was fun, minus the snow,LOL!