Friday, January 25, 2008

January 24

As a teacher, I have been called "mom" more times than I can count. It's happened with every age-group that I've taught, from preschool to middle school. Today was a first, though. Today, one of my sweet, adorable, sparkly, three-year-old, preschool boys called me "Grandma K". Grandma K. Now, he is only three years old, and he does have a young mom, but NO WAY I am old enough to be his grandmother! I called him on it and asked him if I looked like a Grandma to him. He told me yes. He's given me a total complex, now. I broke out the microderm abrasion kit and eye wrinkle cream last night. It's really not helping matters that my birthday is in the very near future, either, and I am already feeling old. It's a good thing this kid is cute! (Obviously, for legal reasons, I can't post a picture of him. I cropped the hell out of the picture I have of him so you can get an idea of what this cutie looks like, but not be able to identify him).




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now you know why I had to go get my hair dyed! We do NOT look like grandmas. You are still smokin girl. He is a cutie-pie though.

LotoFoto said...

omg Tracey! I'm cracking up at you getting out the microdermabrasion kit LOL!
That would give me a complex too but trust me... you do NOT look like a grandma.

Mary said...

There is no chance in hell that you could be a grandma...No way...

Krishna said...

You're one hot mama--don't take his comment to personally. Maybe his mom is like 15 and his grandma is maybe 30???